|Version 9 (modified by RutgerVos, 4 years ago)|
The first ever official Data Provider session who will offer RAW DATA
After a 1:30 hour brain storming discussion, the group take a break and get ready for the Data Provider session.
The representative from the following official data provider were presents :
The representative from the following data integration project offering a SPARQL endpoint:
- http://bio2rdf.org/ SPARQL endpoint list
- http://www.semantic-systems-biology.org/ SPARQL endpoint
- http://hcls.deri.ie/ SPARQL endpoint
These are the objectives that were discussed :
- RAW DATA available as N-TRIPLES dump should be produced by the data provider and made available from their FTP or HTTP server
- SPARQL endpoint for each dataset should be made available
- Standard URIs should be used in triple
- Standard predicate should be used in triple
RAW Data dump
UniProt? already offer raw data in RDF from their own FTP server, and on the fly for query results by appending '&format=rdf' to the URL. TreeBASE does the latter also, and can make an RDF dump available easily. DDBJ, PDBJ and KEEG will do the same.
There is already a certain number of SPARQL endpoints available but none are owned by the official data provider.
There is a need for an hosting service offering SPARQL endpoint in which it will be possible to load the official raw data provided by the data provider.