|Version 13 (modified by ktym, 4 years ago)|
DBCLS Biohackathon 2010
The 3rd DBCLS BioHackathon for interpreting biological knowledge with Semantic Web technologies will be held during 2010/2/8-12 in Japan.
About the Hackathon
The hackathon (hacking + marathon) basically is a camp where invited participants discuss about current issues and implement software to solve the problems on site collaboratively. This kind of meeting is very effective for the intensive development of projects, because face-to-face meeting of developers, who are usually spread around the world, accelerates communication and collaboration to exchange their ideas.
BioHackathon 2010 is sponsored by the Database Center for Life Science ( DBCLS), and will be held in Tokyo, Japan.
- DBCLS Biohackathon 2010 http://hackathon3.dbcls.jp/
- DBCLS Biohackathon 2009 http://hackathon2.dbcls.jp/
- DBCLS Biohackathon 2008 http://hackathon.dbcls.jp/
- DBCLS http://dbcls.rois.ac.jp/en/
The DBCLS is being accepted as a national center for the sustainable life science databases in Japan.
- To realize semantic search framework
- To establish High-performance storage system for semantic data
- To federate Linked Data
- To use, reuse, mashup and mix the biological data on Semantic Web
- Example queries to be resolved by Semantic Web technologies
- Linked Data
- Open Bio*
- RDB, Key-value store?
- how to re-organize existing databases
- how to semantically annotate data (id, link, ontology)
- how to store and search triples
- how to utilize triples in open bio*
- how to query biological questions and get results
- how to scale for large amount of data
- how to utilize via web services
- how to visualize (what kind of user interface is required)
- Tokyo (DBCLS) - for the 1st day (reception and symposium) and the rest
- DBCLS (Tokyo venue)
Annotated Google Maps and KML file for Google Earth are available:
What should you bring with you?
- Laptop computer
- Conversion plug for your AC adaptor (identical to the US type; 100 volt)
- Local liquor as always (for the Liquorthon at night or for the reception :-)
- LinkedIn account to share your contact address
Streaming and social networking
- IRC: #biohackathon2010 on chat1.ustream.tv:6667
- http://friendfeed.com/rooms/biohackathon-2010 -- FriendFeed room for BioHackathon 2010
- #biohackathon2010 -- official hash tag for twitter, citeulike and so on.
- LinkedIn Group
- hb2010-logo.jpg (21.3 KB) - added by admin 4 years ago.
- biohack2010logo_v1.png (0.6 MB) - added by admin 4 years ago.
- biohack3logo.jpg (24.2 KB) - added by admin 4 years ago.
- biohackathon2010-locations.kmz (1.8 KB) - added by ktym 4 years ago.
(8.4 MB) - added by atsuko
4 years ago.
Nezu Lunch Map